Sunday, May 7, 2017

Hello there!

My son is loving his new school and I think he grew more matured since he entered the big school. He's always a baby in my eyes and I must say I was really worried about him joining the big school. I was worried about all sorts of things but since first day of big school, he's been like a champ. I couldn't be more proud of him. He is really doing well in big school. I think he felt like a big boy and started acting like one too. At one point, he was loving big school so much that he didnt even want to see his old friends anymore. I on the other hand was missing the old school and the people there a lot. I meet up with the moms quite a lot and we have breakfast and talk about the kids, I am still in their school chat group and I know whats happening in the old school just like before. I miss them. We were all very close and tight.

I've been asking my son to go back to the old school for a visit but he doesn't want. I think he feels like he's a big boy now so maybe going back to the old school is a step behind for him. But today, he finishes school at 12.00pm and all of a sudden, he asked if he could go back to see Ms. Rose. I was shocked and excited. I quickly dropped a WA message to ask if it is OK for us to drop by and of course, she said YES!

We were both so excited about going back to see everyone. I wasn't sure who was more excited, me or my son. When we got there, my son spied at the window to look inside and the minute someone saw him, the whole class started screaming his name!! They started jumping around and suddenly, my eyes got teary. I was so emotional.

When we walked in, everyone ran up to us to give us a hug. The kids came over to see my and hug me. They also asked for my daughter. That's how close we all are. Ms Rose was in the toilet when we arrive but as soon as she walked in the room, my son ran over to her and gave her the biggest hug ever. It was so heartwarming and again, this emotional mummy started getting all teary again. I hugged her and I couldn't control myself and tears kept falling down my cheeks.

Why am I so emotional? The kids was so confused looking at me. I had the biggest smile because I was so happy to see them yet I couldn't control my tears. Ms Rose saw and again, she told me that I can come back anytime and gave me another big bear hug. My son was cool, he just blended in like usual and starting playing with his friend. His mom on the other hand, needed time to settle down and stop myself from crying. What the heck?

I blame PMS.

We spent a good 20 - 30 minutes there and it was so much fun. Ms Rose continued with the final part of the lesson by telling them a story and my son joined in. He was so happy and was all smiles.

I didnt realise how much I missed them. Yes we've moved on but they will always be special to me. The teachers, Ms Rose especially was a big part of my life. She was both my kid's teacher when they were younger and I owe a lot to her because I believe my kids are well behaved kids because of her. I also have good relationships with the mummies and the kids because we used to see each other every single day. How time flies…..

We got home and told my daughter about our little visit and next week, she wants to come home early from school to visit Ms Rose and the rest. We'll see….she will probably have to skip few lessons in school but it is ok…. I think she will love seeing everyone more!

2 comments:

  1. Bean is still at The Playschool but I can imagine how you feel, it is looming over me as Bean progresses closer and closer to The Big School. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Say what?!