Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Inspired to change

I am one of those people who is afraid of the word "change". So afraid that I rather be miserable than attempting change. That's dumb dont you think? Well, can you blame me? The thought of making a life change is intimidating. I want to be the master of my own destiny but I am so afraid to make the change. I know if I can get rid of this fear, I can do anything! But yet, this fear is eating me.

Last week, I was really EATING A LOT. Apart from spending a lot more money when I should be saving up, I find myself eating and eating and eating non stop. I love food. I can eat all day everyday but is it healthy food I am consuming? This can't be good!

I spoke to friends and one thing they all have in common is that they are all either going to the gym or doing something good for their health (like eating ONLY organic food). Me on the other hand, apart from consuming my daily IZUMIO and Super Lutein, is not doing anything else "healthy".

"You got to start working out" is something I hear and been hearing a lot lately.

Here's the truth, I DONT work out - AT ALL. I do zero work out. I dont even like to walk, even if it is walking in the shopping mall. One word to describe me is L-A-Z-Y-B-U-M!

I've always been like this. I never liked working out. I just dont do gym, yoga, or whatever else people do to work out. I just dont. I dont know if I have good genes or if IZUMIO is really helping me or what but I'm lucky that at almost 38 years old, I have no health issues despite my unhealthy lifestyle.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not proud of this, I feel quite embarrassed to admit that I dont work out. I'm blessed with good health but it is not something I should take for granted. Health is wealth they say and it is true. A friend of mine from school passed away last year from Lung Cancer. I only knew about it from Facebook when I saw people commenting condolences to her family. I then found out that she was suffering for a good 2 weeks before she passed. Just 2 weeks. Routine check ups and everything else didnt detect her cancer and only in the last 2 weeks of her life, they found that the cancer is already going to take her life away. She left behind a husband and 2 young kids. I didnt know her all that well although we were classmates in school but I cried thinking how fragile life really is. My medical results are all good but it doesn't mean I can take it for granted.

My best friend told me that I am the ONLY person she knows who is not working out or doing something healthy. I felt a punch in the face when she said that because it is true. Even my husband has started working out and going for short jogs, swimming and whatnot. I am just at home, on my computer or working comfortably in my pyjamas all day.

Today, Im inspired to change.

My plan is to start working out. I dont know how, what or when but I'll start doing some research and see where that leads me. I need to take baby steps.
I want to look better and feel better about myself. Yes, I'm vain but it is more than that. I want to feel good. I dont want to feel tired or lack of energy or lazy anymore. I need to change! I want to change.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Say what?!