Monday, August 3, 2020

End of an era

Today is officially my kid's last day of school at their current school. I have mixed feelings about it.

We've been in this school for 5 years now. I chose this school simply because I wanted my kids to go to a school that has Malaysian / Asian values but with an international syllabus. I believe I chose the right school for them for this 5 years but it is time to move on.

In this 5 years, we had our ups and down with the school. Fortunately for most of the time, we had wonderful dedicated teachers. We built really good friendships over the years too. Overall, it was mostly good for us. Most importantly, my kids are happy. They love their school and they're thriving, more than I expected. If it was up to my kids, we would be in the same school forever. But as a mother, you always want more for your kids. As parents, we try our best to provide them the best and with this move, I pray and hope, InsyaAllah they will gain new experiences.

There's no such thing as a perfect school. There will always be teachers that arent good enough or not suitable to teach your kids, there will be friends who will be bad influence, there will be facilities not up to your standard, there will be hiccups here and there in every school. I just pray and hope that my children will continue to thrive in this new environment.

I am so sad we are leaving. In a way, I wish we didnt but we made that decision before this pandemic happened and now we just have to continue with it. We leave behind few good dedicated teachers that we've gotten to know over the years and have been wonderful to both my children. I am forever grateful for that. We leave behind wonderful wonderful amazing friends that we've grown up a lot with. I leave behind amazing mummy friends that have been there for me since day 1 with the school. I made wonderful friendships with them. So it is very sad to leave. I'll make sure we all keep in touch as they're no longer just our friends, they're our family.

We prepared some gifts for close friends and teachers. We also gave out cards with my kid's contact details for them to keep in touch. It has been wonderful experience but we need to close this chapter and move on.

I am going to miss the school and friends a lot. Wish us luck in our new school!!! We are excited to start our new adventure!

2 comments:

Say what?!