Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Ramadhan 2020

This Ramadhan is unlike any other. This is the first time we are actually celebrating it in lockdown. I know a lot of people are sick and tired of being locked inside the house but this Ramadhan is one I will always remember.

I am so proud of my achievements this Ramadhan. Alhamdulillah to have this opportunity to do all the things I never thought I'd ever get to do. A lot of things I took for granted and a lot of ibadah that I chose to ignore. A lot of missed pahala. Alhamdulillah for the lockdown, I managed to do so much this Ramadhan.

I started reading the Quran. I am very slow at it. I wanted to qatam by the end of Ramadhan but I did not manage to do that. But that's ok, what's more important is I started and will continue until I qatam (hopefully soon!). I try to read and then understand the translations, something I've not done before. It just purifies my soul. It is amazing.

Being in lockdown with very little to do at home, I also managed to perform all my prayers including the sunats. I am able to perform terawikh every night, together with tahajudd prayers. Who would have thought?

Gave out zakat too which made me feel so good. My baby company KupuKupu gave out new baju rayas to the asnafs. That made so many of them smile.

So overall, alhamdulillah, it was an amazing Ramadhan for me.

I pray that Allah will accept all my ibadah this Ramadhan and hopefully I can do better next time. InsyaAllah.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?!