Tuesday, June 30, 2020

New Playground

Since the lockdown, I've taken up a new hobby. You can read about it here! Since then, I've been painting almost daily. I just love it. I wish I had taken up Art & Design when I was in college. Why didn't I? It is never too late to take up something new!

I obviously haven't received any formal training on painting. I haven't got a clue on how to do it. I guess I just go with the flow and Youtube helps. I am no professional nor would I call myself good but I just love creating every piece.

I've been using Youtube tutorials as a guide, sometimes I just take bits and pieces and try to put it together. Whatever goes. There are no rules. You just go with the flow. I've been spending quite a lot of money buying art supplies too. I don't even know what to get but again, I go with my gut feeling and just buy whatever I wanted to buy. I started with acrylic paints, just because! I just went with that and slowly my collection of colours just grew. 

My go to store for art supplies when I started was Advanco in Melawati and Czip Lee in Bangsar. Other bigger art stores like Art Friend are a bit too far for me and I don't really want to go to a shopping mall just to get art supplies.

One day, my friend saw my post on instagram and suggested for me to go to Westar Art Shop in Melawati because I'd go crazy there. Melawati is where I go for my art supplies (Advanco) but how come I didn't see this Westar store before?

I decided to go check it out and OMG. This is my favourite store!!!! I almost fainted when I saw the selection of Golden range of items. Golden is an overseas brand of paints. I see a lot of painters use that brand but I haven't seen this much range in all the other stores I've been to.


I've been looking for this every where and I'm so glad I found it. It's not cheap. It is over RM30 for this 30ml bottle. But I needed it.

My husband was waiting for me in the car and had he not been there, I would have spent longer in the store. I would have spent more money too because there's just SO MANY things to get and so many colours!

But I ended up getting this much and spent RM150 only. Amazing. Few days before, I was at Czip Lee and spent almost RM200 on much less items. I can't wait to come back when I have more time to splurge on new colours.

This hobby aint cheap, I tell you. But I've had my friends texting me and asking me to paint for them already. So who knows, this new hobby might be my new career!

Ha ha.....

4 comments:

  1. It's good to have something that we really love to do. I hope that you will share your latest painting soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. I love your paintings already.Hope you get to experiment more stuffs then!

    ReplyDelete

Say what?!