Tuesday, July 14, 2020

10th Birthday


Yesterday my daughter celebrated her 10th Birthday. Wow. What a huge milestone it is for both her and me. I've been a mum for 10 years. I can't believe it.

She loves birthdays, this girl. She is always the one who will remember everyone's birthdays and will insist on celebrating every time. I love that about her. Kind of reminds me of myself as a kid because it is exactly how I was when it comes to birthdays.

She had an awesome birthday this year. Every year, she would request for a specific theme cake. We remember milestones based on these themed cakes every year.

1st Birthday: Mickey Mouse
2nd Birthday: Sesame Street
3rd Birthday: Gymboree
4th Birthday: Pocoyo
5th Birthday: Rapunzel
6th Birthday: Frozen
7th Birthday: Beauty & The Beast
8th Birthday: Unicorn
9th Birthday: Roblox
10th Birthday: TikTok

This year she wanted a TikTok themed cake. Upon doing some research on ideas for the cake, she decided she wanted her cat to be on the cake too. Balloons as decorations and marble skin to wrap the cake. What an idea!!! Our cake lady got a bit confused at one point. The outcome was amazing and I got the perfect reaction from her when she saw the cake. That made me smile!

We got some flowers too for her just for fun. She doesn't need flowers and balloons but I just thought it would be nice. Her grandma got flowers delivered to the house for her too.

This year, her birthday fell on Monday. We had a celebration with the cousins and family on Saturday before her birthday and that was a lot of fun too. She had a cake cutting session with the cousins and then another celebration on her actual birthday. How blessed is she?

Since it was a Monday, online classes were going on as usual. Some of her teachers made it special by getting friends to sing Happy Birthday during their zoom classes. She made sure everyone knew her birthday was coming days before her birthday and when they sang for her, it made her day a little bit. But the highlight of her birthday was when I surprised with someone so special. Her best friend came over to the house after online class ended and weeped with tears of joy.

She hasnt seen her best friend since end of February and missing her so much. They chat every now and then via zoom but of course it isn't the same. I told her I have a surprise for her and it was the last thing she expected. I was so grateful to her parents for allowing her to come over to surprise my little girl. It was truly the best surprise ever.

When they saw each other, all social distancing rules went down the drain. They hugged each other and cried buckets! Bless them. They spent the next 5 hours doing all sorts of activities together which includes jumping in the pool with their normal clothes on, disco dancing, musical chair, tiktok, releasing the helium balloons, balloon fight, watched movie and they laughed non stop.

She thank me for making her birthday special. But truth is, I should be the one saying thanks. Without her, I wouldn't be the mum I am today.

I thank God for blessing me with this most special gift. I couldn't ask for a better daughter. She's funny, she makes me laugh. She's cute, my heart flutters. She's the most caring person in the house. She always checks if I'm ok. She's always giving me hugs and kisses. The one who hugs me when I cry and always has my back. I love her and I can't imagine life without her. She's the perfect daughter.

Happy Birthday sweetheart.
Mummy is so proud of you. I love you with all my heart. I pray for Allah to always protect you and guide you on the right path always.

Happy 10th to us!

3 comments:

  1. No more cartoon character, she is into tiktok now ek? Happy birthday baby girl, no matter how old our kids are, they will always be our baby right ;)

    ReplyDelete

Say what?!