Sunday, November 29, 2020

Feeling inspired

We are reaching the end of 2020. Can you believe it? 1 whole year of living this way and surviving this pandemic. It has many ups and down for sure but we made it. 

This year has been quite a year. I want to say I hate it but I cant because I have a lot of valuable experiences and wonderful memories of it too. One of the things I found was my passion in art. It took me 41 years to realise that I am actually pretty good at it. I wish I had pursued it in University or when I was younger. I may lead a different life all together if I had done that. Who knows?

Since I started painting this year, I've done mostly small paintings. But after a while, I felt like I could do with a bigger canvas. I bought one in 60 cm x 75 cm. Not big enough for a wall perhaps but big enough to be a statement piece. I soon realise that it is not easy to fill the canvas with the "skills" and tools that I have. I struggled. I did a few version of it and just wasnt satisfied with it. I guess what I having was a creative block, I guess?

One day, I went to KLCC to have coffee. I saw this beautiful mural and was admiring it. I took a photo of it and posted it on my instagram. Surprisingly, many of my friends commented thinking it was my painting. I suddenly felt like hey, maybe I could paint this. 

Tadaaaa!!! This is my version, inspired by that mural I saw in KLCC. I love it. It took me a while to get there but finally, I got it! I'm going to put this up for sale on Carousell. I'm so excited about this painting.

Isnt it an awesome background? It matches this roll on bottle by Young Living, which is my current favourite roll on. The aroma is really refreshing and it can help support your respiratory health. I love it. If you are interested to get in, email me and I'll hook you up with someone who can explain to you more about Young Living oils. 

Anyway, I'm feeling super inspired right now. Time to work on another painting. 

2 comments:

Say what?!