Monday, November 30, 2020

Things I love about 2020

 Hello, December!!!

Can you believe it is already the end of 2020? I am finding it hard to believe how fast time has passed. Part of me is glad that it is coming to an end but part of me is wondering what good would 2021 be if we havent found a solution to our problems in 2020?

Whatever it is, new year is approaching and I would like to pen down some of the things I love about 2020. I'm hopeful that 2021 will be a better year. InsyaAllah

Here are the some things I love about my 2020

My Umrah trip

Missing this view

It was such a good trip for my soul. I needed that trip more than I thought and Alhamdulillah I came back a much better, person. That trip was everything! Allah permudahkan everything right from the get-go for all of us. Everything was perfect and we had an amazing experience. I am so blessed that my first time to Mekah was with my husband and both my children. I was so happy that my children got to experience it with me and my husband made it so comfortable for all of us. Thinking about it makes me miss it so much. I cant wait to go back. We all want to go back as soon as the gates are opened and as soon as this Covid-19 over. 

My Hijrah

I never thought I'd wear the hijab anytime soon. I always thought I'd be like my mum. She started wearing the hijab at the age of 60 if I'm not mistaken so I thought I'd probably be like that too. I had no plans to wear it and was struggling at the idea of wearing it in Mekah because I'm just not used to it. Before Mekah, I bought a few designs that I thought would be suitable for Umrah and that was it. I have a few Duck tudungs in my collection (that I bought over the years for tahlil and all that) but I never wore it and didnt know how to style it. I was clueless.

View from my hotel room

But when I came back to KL, I felt like I have to keep it on. It didnt feel right taking it off. I remember getting ready to go to the supermarket for the first time and still debating with my own self if I should wear it or shouldnt. In the end, my good self won. I kept it on and it has been smooth sailing. All my worries about styling, about how people might perceive me, about clothes to wear were all gone. It was as if I've been wearing it my whole life. It was that natural. 

I left for Mekah on the 25th February and that was the first day I had my hijab on and never took it off. That was my hijrah day and 2020 made it possible. At 40 years of age I started wearing hijab. 

My 2020 Ramadhan

Ramadhan this year was so different from the previous years. We were in lockdown and couldnt do much but order food and stay indoors. This year's Ramadhan was the best ever because it was the only time that we got to really spend at home and focus on being a good muslim. We normally have lots of distractions but this year I felt like fasting was easier. Somehow getting up for Sahur was easier too. Terawikh with the kids felt natural. Keeping prayers was easy too because we were at home with not much things to do. I feel like it was the best Ramadhan to date. I started reading the Quran too during this Ramadhan. Although I wanted to Khatam within that month, I didnt get to do it. But InsyaAllah, I'll try harder. 

Quality Family Time

This year we spent A LOT of time at home and not much travelling, which is a shame because we are HUGE on traveling. But despite not being able to do the normal things we do as a family, I feel happy that we are spending a lot of time together. We are usually too busy with the outside world and sometimes hardly have time for each other but this year, we are always together. When we do get together with other family members (cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncle), it is always short but it is always fun because we know not to take things for granted. Alhamdulillah, I think 2020 has brought lots of family closer together. In my case, I think it has and I love that about 2020.

Discovering New Passion

The painting that I am working on now

One of the things I love about 2020 is when I rediscovered my passion for art. I wouldnt have picked it up if it werent for the lockdown. I have so much time at home now and this is how I fill my time. Exploring new ideas and painting. I'm not a professional and far from it. I still dont know what my style is but I love exploring and so far I've gotten quite good feedback from friends and family. 

2020 is not that bad.

4 comments:

  1. have you try the paint with numbers? it's awesome! and ur kids especially ur daughter sure will love it..
    coz for me, i bought 9 and managed to finish 3.. long way to go.. have a look.

    https://shopee.com.my/product/127752423/5416267012

    https://shopee.com.my/product/127752423/5513327826

    https://shopee.com.my/product/56022106/7732673067

    https://shopee.com.my/product/10270118/7833540382

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is good. Congratulations on your hijrah and may we always continually to improve ourselves.

    I feel like after covid is over we don't feel like going out as much again but who knows. It will be interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete

Say what?!