Tuesday, November 10, 2020

How are you?

 

We need more love in this world

As you all know, the RMCO is extended until 6 December 2020. The year is almost over and everything is crashing down. We still havent found a vaccine (although there are talks saying it is 90% done) and we are still living with lots of uncertainties. Honestly speaking, I am starting to feel demotivated. It is really starting to drain every inch of me.

I know we are supposed to embrace this uncertainty and continue to live our lives the best way we can but some days, I really feel beaten. I keep thinking how almost a year has gone and we are back at square one (after the Sabah election). I hate to see my kids growing up with no physical interactions with their friends and I hate seeing them relying too much on their devices. I know we are lucky that at least we have that option because unlike us, many dont have this luxury. Majority of the people out there (especially in the rural areas) are suffering much more than us. This, makes me even more sad.

Mental health is real. So many are struggling out there. It's not fair to say that we dont feel it or we feel less stressed because I think no matter where we are, no matter how comfortable life is, we all feel it in some way or the other. We all struggle in our daily lives living with this whole pandemic that has taken over everything we've ever known.

Oh God. Please give us strength.

I was talking to some friends about this. Some are working moms, some are housewives. I noticed that we are all going through something. Working from home isnt easy. Being a housewife with kids and husband at home 24 hours a day isnt easy too. Kids being home without having friends to talk to and play with are going through a hard time too whether they notice it or not.

Hope everyone is coping and managing well. Remember that whatever you do, whoever you are...you are not alone. We are all in this together. Hang in there.

2 comments:

Say what?!