Monday, July 13, 2020

10 years ago

12 July 2010 at 8pm

I was heavily pregnant. I was already 40 weeks pregnant but my baby did not want to come out. She was very comfortable inside.

That night, my husband and I decided to go for our dinner at the Thai restaurant in One Utama. I had my hospital bag all packed for the past week or so. I was ready to give birth but unfortunately, my baby wasn't ready to greet the world. She was such a good baby and a good pregnancy. I wanted everything to be all natural. She will come when it is time to come.

At the carpark at my apartment, my water broke. OMG, is this what I think it is? I wasn't sure. There was no pain whatsoever. No signs and to be honest, I wasn't even sure if that was really what it was. On the way to dinner, I called my doctor to ask if it was OK for me to go out. She said "if there's no pain, go and enjoy your dinner but after dinner, drop by the hospital and we will check. I am at the hospital anyway" she said. We had our last dinner together with just the two of us. It was nice. I remember ordering pandan chicken and steam fish. I ate like normal and at the same time, I had no clue what was coming. I remember I ate a lot and we took our own sweet time.

After dinner, we stopped by the hospital for the doctor to check me. I was only 2cm. She said it is up to me to go home or stay but because we didn't know better, we decided it would be safer for us to just stay and see if it will progress.

At this point, there was still no pain. My husband stayed for a bit and then went home to pick up my hospital bag. My mother and youngest brother came.

I was not progressing and then the doctor decided to induce the labour. I didn't know what that was but as soon as she induced the labour, the pain started coming. OMG! I wasn't prepared for it at all. The pain was unbearable but at the time, I just had no choice but to bear with it. Time was going by so slow too.

I spoke to my best friend on the phone and she told me to drink coffee with ghee. I have never heard that petua before but apparently it will make the labour easier. What the hell, I will try anything at this point to end this labour pain.

I asked my mum to buy me a hot latte from Starbucks and put some ghee in it. Surprisingly, it didn't taste bad. It didn't taste like anything yucky so I finished it in no time. By midnight, nothing was happening. I was still 2cm and no where near. The pain was getting stronger but I am not progressing. My mum told me to take a shower to freshen up. I couldn't even stand at this point let alone shower but everyone was on my case asking me to take a shower so I did.

Maybe it was the (smelly)toilet, maybe it was the (oily)latte with ghee, maybe it was labour (pain) ... I actually threw up in the toilet. OMG. It was horrible. Imagine me in the most uncomfortable state, naked (obviously) as I was getting ready to shower, big as a whale, toilet full of vomit. Yucks!!!! I obviously had to clean my mess up. I can't just leave the toilet in that state because my husband, mum and brother might need to use it at some point. Somehow, I did. Don't ask me how but I cleaned the toilet up and finally managed to take a shower.

After shower I felt a bit better. The pain was there and it comes every now and then. Trust me, it was unbearable. I don't know how I survived it but I did.

Exactly 24 hours after I went to the hospital, my baby was born.

Beautiful 3.5kg baby girl. The sweetest little thing. The most adorable ... My life couldn't be more perfect.

2 comments:

  1. God made us woman so strong right? In any worse state, we still think about others, we are not only strong physically, but also mentally! Kudos to us woman :D

    ReplyDelete

Say what?!