Saturday, July 18, 2020

Art of the week

I just came back from my cuti-cuti Malaysia. When I was away, the thing I missed most was being able to paint. I kept browsing for ideas and inspiration while I was away. I couldn't wait to start painting. I wondered if this is my true calling. Hmm...

This week, I did a few pieces that I am super proud of. I love that I don't need to go to art school or art classes because there's so many tutorials available on Youtube.


This is one small piece I painted on canvas. I followed a tutorial on Youtube but of course I ended up doing it my way in the end. It was supposed to be flowers but in the end, I thought why not make it abstract instead. It works and looks better somehow. I love the colours too.


I love the colours on this floral piece. Don't you? Since I'm a self taught painter, I'm still unsure of what my 'style' is. It really depends on what I feel on that day. Somedays I want to do abstract but some days I want to do floral. But most of the time, I feel floral works best for me. I always feel like painting flowers. With abstract, I feel like I don't know when to stop!

On Friday, I went back to my favourite store. I couldn't help going back there. It is really my favourite store. I ended up spending loads of money too. I bought a watercolour set. Don't know why.
I've always wanted to explore with watercolour too.


This is the piece I created thanks to youtube tutorial. I love it!!!!!

The best part is, I got friends asking me to paint for them and I also had an offer to purchase this piece I did this week. I'm not ready to sell but it does give me butterflies (in a good way) and makes me happy.



2 comments:

Say what?!