Friday, May 29, 2020

How are you?

I have lost count. I don't even know what day it is today or how far we've gone since the first lockdown.

How are you doing?

For me, I have good days and I have bad days. Good days are when my kids can fully manage their online classes independently. I can have a good lie in and when I get food delivered instead of cooking them myself. Some days are long. That's when the kids are bored out of their minds and I have nothing to offer them. I have days when I don't allow them to be on their devices and find something productive to do. That is a tough one because sometimes, they just don't want to do anything too.

I fear for my children's wellbeing the most. I fear that being at home without having face to face interactions with friends and the outside world might have some kind of negative effect on them. I don't know if things are going to get better but I am hopeful. There must be light at the end of this tunnel, somehow. If we keep walking, surely we will reach somewhere, right?

As much as I want to stay positive and keep myself motivated, I am only human. I have bad days too and some days, I just feel restless. What always helps is when I think of the less fortunate. People with 10 kids in the kampung with nothing to eat. No electronics to keep their kids busy and entertained. No formal education too as they obviously don't have online learning. I feel for them. Automatically I feel guilty for complaining.

I love staying home. That's not difficult for me to do. It is the lack of interactions with other people that is hard. Texting or calling doesn't do it for me. I miss hanging out with my family and friends.
I miss seeing my kids play with their friends. They miss their friends too.

Come August, we will be exploring a new school. Something we've been really excited about. But with this Covid-19 pandemic still happening, we might not be able to even go to school until it is really safe for them.

A lot is happening around us all around the world. I don't know if this is a sign but never in a million years I would have predicted that life in 2020 will be like this. What we can do is keep walking. Keep praying for this to be over. Take care of our own little family and hope for the best.

Tell me how you are and what you are doing during this pandemic. Would love to hear from you.

Take care peeps!

2 comments:

  1. its been honestly up and down with me. sometimes I am grateful sometimes I hate everything. And i don't even meet my friends that often. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get you!! I am the same! Hang in there.... can't wait for things to go back to normal.

      Delete

Say what?!