Saturday, August 15, 2020

8 year ago

8 years ago, I was eagerly waiting for the birth of my son. My first labour experience was quite traumatic and I was nervous with my second. At that time, the fear of things repeating itself was haunting me. I chose a different doctor and a different hospital the second time around. The doctor knew my fears and assured me that things will be different this time. For the birth of my son, I chose the happydural. It was life changing!!! I highly recommend it. (Beating myself why I didnt opt for it the first time!)

Labour experience for my son was smooth and went as planned. It was pretty chilled and I dont know if it was my luck but labour was really good. Alhamdulillah.

 

Fast forward 8 years later, on the 13 August 2020, my son celebrated his 8th birthday. His birthday always falls on school holiday. We are normally overseas for his birthdays but because of this pandemic, we are in Malaysia this year.I told the kids they can invite 1 friend over for us to have a small celebration at home.

We have wonderful neigbours who are about the same age as my kids. Every celebration at home, we will have all the kids and neighbours around. They would swim together, play games, dance and do whatever together whilst the moms sit at one corner to chit chat. I love my neigbours. They're the best!!! I'm so lucky to have wonderful neighbours!

My son's best friend came over too this time. He was so excited because they havent seen each other in a while. It was so nice to see them play together.

It was a nice birthday. I think all of us enjoyed ourselves that day.

To my son, the apple of my eye, I wish and pray that Allah will always guide and protect you. I pray for you to grow up to be a wonderful person inside and out. He is the one who always makes me laugh and the cheekiest of the lot. I know he is 8 but he will forever be my baby. Mama's boy forever!


2 comments:

Say what?!