Monday, August 24, 2020

Donation Drive

Back in March, when the MCO started I spent a lot of time going through the FB Page of Syed Azmi (a social activist) where he posted photos and stories of many families who are affected by the lockdown. Many of these families lost their income due to Covid-19 lockdown and needed help. There were so many of them out there who needed all the help they can get just for food. It is really heartbreaking.

His posts made me feel sad. At the same time, it made me feel so fortunate because I have a comfortable life, roof over my head and food on my table. Sometimes it doesnt seem fair! I have to do something to help. 

I handpicked a few families from there and in the little ways I can, I try to help them by making some donations to these families. It may not be much but like I said, sometimes all they need is just food for that day.

I have never met any of them personally. I try not too form any bond because I dont want to get too emotional. Some are not even in KL but we do send each other text messages every now and then. I ended up being friends with them via whatsapp. Sometimes, it is not even money that they need, it is just a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to. I always doa for them and that is also another form of sedekah.

Recently one of the families texted me to inform me that they will be homeless soon. My heart sank. They were not able to pay the rent and utility bills for the past few months. The worst part is, both her elderly parents are not mobile and very sick. She's a single mom and her monthly income is only RM600. 

 

I've done my part to help this family but of course it is not enough to help them in the next few months. Their landlord has increased their rental and by 4th September, they will be evicted from their home. With children and elderly parents, she needs all the help she can get.

If you would like to join my donation drive, please email me at dewdropmummy@gmail.com and I will forward you more details of this family. You will deal directly with her from there and all donations will be transferred directly to their account (and not to my bank account). Even RM10 would help them get by. Please share. Let's try to help this family together!

If you dont want to donate money, please pray for them. May Allah reward you abundantly for all your help. Thank you...

UPDATES:

28 AUGUST 2020 - Alhamdulillah, thank you all for your donations. I have received quite a few emails and some have offered to help too. Together we can help this family faster. I was told by the lady that today, they will finally get the keys to their new home. Hopefully they will be happy in their new home. They borrowed some money, some were from our donations and Alhamdulillah, they managed to pool enough money for the first installment of the deposit for the new unit. Thank you so much for your help. May Allah accept our good deeds abundantly. Amin!

7 SEPTEMBER 2020 - Donations drive officially closed. Thank you so much for all your donations. Alhamdulillah they're all settled in in their new home. She thank you all for the help and couldnt have done it without all our help. Alhamdulillah. I am so happy we managed to help this family.

Thank you again!

2 comments:

Say what?!