Monday, August 31, 2020

Merdeka

 What does Merdeka mean to you?

My memory of Merdeka goes back to when I was in Primary school. I was part of the school choir and during Merdeka, often we would be asked to perform at Merdeka events. I have so many favourite songs from that era and we dont get to listen to it that often but sometimes, when they play it on the radio or TV during Merdeka, I get flashbacks moments and surprisingly, I can still remember the lyrics. 

Today, our children dont really get to experience that celebration the way we did. Especially this year with the covid-19, there arent any celebration to celebrate our Independence Day. Our children dont really know what Merdeka is all about.

Merdeka is being about free and independent. On a personal level, I want to be free from negativity. It is not easy to achieve but we can always try. As a Malaysian, I am always proud to be one. We are all having a tough year and I am so proud of how we are handling it in Malaysia. I'm so proud that despite this horrible pandemic, I can still go out and still continue my daily life safely. No one is loving the new normal but in Malaysia, I am happy to say that we are OK! Better than so many other much developed countries out there.

There is no where else I'd rather be than here in Malaysia. 

So today, for our Merdeka 2020, I would like to wish all of us Malaysians a very Happy Independence Day. May we continue to be better and stronger together.

My doodle watercolour Art

Thank you Malaysia for being awesome! I love you, Malaysia.


1 comment:

Say what?!