Sunday, August 16, 2020

Football season

My son really enjoys football. He loves his football so much that on the day of our flight to Mekah, he made us take him to the field for him to participate in a football game that morning. Reluctant, we obliged because he was begging to let him play. Luckily he won the game and the tournament that morning. It was all worthwhile in the end.

Lockdown and covid-19 has taken a toll on his interest in football. Due to the lockdown, he was unable to go outside to play football. His football sessions were done online. How do you play football online?? He didnt enjoy it at all. After 3-5 months of being away from the field, he completely lost interest in it. I was devastated. He was so passionate about it. Damn you Covid-19!!!

He won the Airasia Junior League last season with his U8 team. This year, the tournament was put on hold due to this pandemic. They couldnt play for a long time but finally, the Airasia Junior League for this year is back on. 

I had to force him a little bit to join the team. He wasnt really interested as he would rather be home and be on his device. I had to drag him but whenever he is on the field, I see that spirit and excitement creeping back out. I just need to motivate and push him a bit more and soon I think it will come back.

We've been going for training for a little over a month now.So far so good. I can see he loves being on the field but getting him to go is a bit of a challenge sometimes. Once he is on the field....he doesnt want to come home.

Yesterday we had our first game at the Ardence Arena in Setia Alam. It was raining heavily that morning. He was worried he wouldnt be able to play. But as soon as we got there, the rain stopped. It was nice!


Due to this pandemic, the organisers have a new SOP in place. Parents and spectators are not allowed inside the venue. Match time has also been reduced slightly. No handshakes after the game and of course, temperature checks is a must. Everything looks good. We just got to make good of what we have.

I found a nice spot outside their training area. Thank God I managed to watch the game pretty comfortably. Our opponents are quite a good team. In fact, they're ranked number 4 (and we are currently ranked at number 5). Within the first 10 minutes, we managed to score a goal! YAY!!!!!

I forgot what it was like to cheer and watch my son play. That adrenaline rush. Gosh. Almost gave me a heart attack. They were fighting to win and we were fighting to keep up. 

In the end, the best team won. We DID!!! YAY!!! The score was 3-2. It was a tough match but we did it. I cant believe it. We won!!! I was so happy.

To celebrate, we went to Uptown Damansara for Nasi Lemak. It was a glorious day!


1 comment:

Say what?!