Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Countdown to 41


In a few days time, I will officially be 41. Are you kidding me? Am I really 41??? I don’t feel it, honestly. I am very young at heart. Or maybe I’m just in denial.

Being 41 years young, all I can say is Alhamdulillah for all the blessings in my life. I actually listed it down and deleted it. I feel almost guilty having all that in my life when I know there are so many out there who aren’t so lucky. I am blessed, indeed. Alhamdulillah I am so grateful for what I have.

Life humbles you when you are at this age. I realize that nothing else matters as long as my family is with me and we are healthy. Looking back when I was younger, I made lots of mistakes. Some I learn from and some I just cringe at how stupid I was.

Material things don’t motivate me anymore. Sure if you throw them at me I will take it with open arms but if you ask me to work for it, nah!!! It’s not worth it to me anymore. Happiness is something money can’t buy.

For my 41st birthday, I listed down all the things I wanted and then I felt so silly. How would that particular item make me feel better? It doesn’t. Since it doesn’t make me happier, I don’t really want it anymore.

I just want good health for myself and my family. Both mental and physical health. Not just for myself, but for my family as well. And when I think deeper, I don’t just want that for my family, I want it for all of us.

Happy 41st Birthday to me. I come with lots of flaws. Still plenty to learn and so many things I can improve on. I hope I will live long enough to be that better version of myself that I so want to be. Pray for me. Amin!


1 comment:

Say what?!