Friday, September 25, 2020

Food Galore

Best Chocolate Cake EVER

I turned sweet 41 last week and I am blessed that I have friends who wants to celebrate with me. I dont know why but birthdays are always a big things for us makchics. 

My birthday celebration started a week before my birthday in Alexis. It was really unexpected as I thought we were there to celebrate a girlfriend's birthday but it turned out to be a double celebration. Food was good as always. I'm a pasta girl and I ordered my usual seafood spaghetti. I was loaded with carbs!

A week after my birthday, my best friends took me out for lunch. Again, it was a double celebration as there were 2 of us celebrating birthdays in September. Food was good and company was even better. We were there for hours. If it werent because we got kicked out (the table we sat for was booked at 4pm), we would have stayed longer. These girls have been my friends from school days. They know my taste very well and ordered this glorious cake. My ultimate favourite. Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese. It was wonderful.

Ficus in TTDI

Next celebration was with my kakaks. My soul sisters who are always there for me. Sometimes I wonder why they put up with me because I am always in need of a kick in the butt with them for being so lazy. I got a lovely birthday gift from them too. Some art tools and demanded that I paint for them. 

BV

This week, I had another glorious birthday lunch. We opted for Indian food. Food was so so good I dont know what else to say.

Tasty Chapati
 

So I think with this, I am wrapping up my birthday celebration this year. I couldnt be happier. My real birthday gift is arriving in October (according to my husband and kids). I know what it is and although it has been months since we decided on it, I am so so excited!!!! 

Thank you Allah for all the blessings in my life. I am a simple girl. I dont need much to make me happy, really but yet the abundance of things I am getting in my life - my good health, my family and their wellbeing and friendships I have, I am so so grateful. Alhamdulillah.


1 comment:

Say what?!