Saturday, October 24, 2020

Are we ready for Darurat?

24 October 2020 marks another huge milestone in our numbers of new cases of Covid-19 in Malaysia. Rumours are going around that the government will declare state of emergency (darurat) soon. What is happening, Malaysia?

I dont know politics and to be perfectly honest, I am quite disgusted by the politics going on here in my country. It's just sad that we have come to this especially since we were doing so well before the Sabah election. I had so much hope during the last election and really was hoping for a change but I guess, we are NOT ready for change.

State of emergency in Malaysia. What exactly does that mean? We seem to think any big change is a good idea but the execution of it, we know we are not ready. What will happen if an emergency is declared in Malaysia? I have no idea other than Parliament will be suspended and elections can be postponed. While all that sounds good because that is the last thing we need right now (elections), I am afraid of the other implications it might have to our country. Fear of the unknown. 

Whatever it is, I hope that our leaders will sort it out, somehow. It is their job and responsibilities to do so. I fear for our children. Living under these conditions for a long time. Taken out of school for long cant be a good thing. Something needs to be done soon so we can get back to where we were. Slowly but surely.

I'm praying for you, Malaysia.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?!