Friday, October 30, 2020

Memory Lane Pizza

My kids are on their term break for a week from the 24th October. We normally look forward to every break and would usually go out of town but since we are still on our CMCO, we are stuck at home. I've planned out a few activities for us to do together at home and one of it is to make pizza together. We've done it before and not only it is fun, the pizzas are really yummy too.


We order the Pizza Kit from Pizza Lab. For some reason, they dont deliver it to my house on the day I wanted to order them. I thought it was strange because I remember using GrabFood for it the last time. But nevermind. Since it is not available for delivery, I decided to drive there to pick it up. I needed a break from being home too. A drive cant be that bad.

I wasnt sure where the place was. I tried using WAZE to gauge roughly where it is but somehow, I couldnt figure it out. I left my house and off I went. Bear in mind I am a PJ girl (I was born in PJ and grew up there), I still couldnt figure where this place is. For some reason, I felt like WAZE was taking me for a ride. It felt long and I kept asking myself why didnt I just hire GOGET to pick it up for me. 

Finally, I ended up in PJ SS2. Right in front of the house I grew up in. My grandma's house. I lived there with her pretty much the whole time because my mom was working. OMG. Why did I end up here? Why did WAZE take me to SS2? This brought back so many memories. That padang where I used to play with my neighbour. I got really emotional as I was driving around that area. I stopped for a while to figure it out and I suddenly thought of my arwah grandma. I suddenly remembered all the sweet memories I had with her in that house and I got a bit teary. 

I turned WAZE back on and proceeded to the shop. It was across the other side of the taman and I was wondering why WAZE took me to this area. There is a shorter route there for sure. For the remaining of the day, I kept going down memory lane.

We made our pizza that night and it was delicious. It is a very good pizza indeed and what a journey it was today for me. 

It has been almost 6 months since my Tokmi left us. I still think about her every now and then and missing her always. Most days grieving is bearable but sometimes it comes back and it is very overwhelming. I miss her so much it hurts. Especially that feeling of not knowing where she is or how she is doing. 

I kept thinking about her all night. I recited Al-fatihah and read the Quran for her. Going back memory lane to the house today was such a nostalgic feeling. It feels really warm and although it makes me miss her so much, it didnt really made me sad. It's a feeling I find hard to explain. Suddenly I feel like she is OK. She is home, where she belong with her Creator. It's so weird but for the first time, I feel like she really is in a better place. 

The next day, I was having lunch and suddenly my phone beeps. It was a reminder and it says "Tokmi's Birthday" 

OMG. How could I forget??? 

Indeed it was her birthday. She would have been 90. I've been so busy with life that I completely had forgotten about her birthday. Tears fell down my cheeks. Then suddenly it all made sense. It was almost like WAZE took me to our childhood home for a reason. To remind me of my wonderful grandma on what would have been her 90th birthday. MasyaAllah. How great is it that it all worked out like that?

Oh Allah, please take care of my grandma till we meet again. Amin...

Please recite Alfatihah for my grandma Sharifah Ainon Bt Syed Khalid. A lovely person she was and dearly missed by all of us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?!