Thursday, June 4, 2020

Coffee Break

Yesterday, I invited one of my best friend out for coffee. We haven't seen each other for almost 6 months and I'm dying to meet her to share about my Makkah trip. I haven't even formally told her that I now wear the hijab. I just didn't think I needed to announce it. Most of my friends can see from my posts on social media and some have asked me about it. But otherwise, I haven't really told anyone.

We've been friends since college. We went to the same college in Cambridge back in 1998. We were housemates in college and then we went to the same university in Cardiff. We've seen each other's ups and downs for sure.

I was really nervous and excited to see her because it will be the first time for her seeing the "new" me. She said she might cry.

I got there 20 minutes late. I was fashionably late because I had tudung issues. I swear to God, every time I'm excited, for some reason the tudung will just be a disaster. I ended up trying a few before I chose the safest choice, instead of the prettiest one!

Our meeting was nice as usual. We met up in Huckleberry in Bangsar Shopping Centre. I chose there because I thought it would be quiet but to my surprise, it was PACKED! Whatever happened to social distancing, I wonder. Every table was taken and although they're not exactly close together, I could do with more space!

We were talking for ages. I didn't realised I missed having coffee outside until I was actually there. Coffee never tasted so good too. We also had cake in between. After I was done with my coffee, my friend asked if I wanted another cup. I said ok.

2 cup of hot latte in 3 hours. So what?

I got home and felt funny. I couldn't sleep that night and ended up rewatching Captain Ri until 2.30am. I woke up for Subuh feeling like a zombie.

Moral of the story is, take it easy. It is not the end of the world. There will be another opportunity to have latte again!

Gosh!

But in all honesty, it was good. I had my much needed coffee break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?!