Wednesday, June 10, 2020

#kitajagakita

The partial lockdown or Movement Control Order (MCO) has officially ended on the 10 June 2020. It has been quite a challenging few months for all of us. The lockdown started in March and since then, we've been at home except for the weekly supermarket trips. I know I can't say we were all on the same boat but we were definitely in the same storm. We all had our own challenges. Mine may not be the same as yours but trust me when I say, it has been a challenge.

This 3 or so months has taught me a lot on what truly matters. The only thing that matters is the people you love. Your family and of course their health. Nothing else matters.

I feel like my perspective in life has somewhat changed too. Those things that was important to me, is not important anymore. Material things. Money. Wealth. What is all that when you are in lockdown? I could be bleeding diamonds, but what good is it if I am stuck at home and when you can't be with your loved ones? Means nothing at all.

Because of the lockdown, my Ramadan was one of the best Ramadan I've ever had in my 40 years of life. It was the most spiritually fulfilled Ramadan and I did that without even trying all that hard. Alhamdulillah. Covid-19 has its blessings too. We got to do a lot of good deeds without even leaving the house. Pahala handed to you on a plate right at the comfort of your own home. It is not something you get every year. Or ever! How lucky were  we?

I don't know why but I feel really emotional that it has come to an end. One part of me is very happy that it is over. I know a lot of people are suffering due to loss of income and some have lost jobs due to this pandemic. I wish I could help them but I know there is not much I can do but offer my doas. One another hand, I am sad that life will go back to normal and we will miss all the opportunities we had being at home.

I'm ready for the next phase. As much as I feel sad that it is over, I am ready.

Thank you to all our frontliners. The doctors, nurses and all the medical staff who works around the clock trying to keep all of us safe. Thank you too to all the Grabfood, Food Panda and all the delivery guys. Without them, we won't be able to dine our favourite meals and I wouldn't be able to send food to my mum and family. Thank you to all the online stores like Shopee, Lazada and courier guys. Without them, I won't be able to start my new hobby, something I hope will continue even after this.
Thank you to our teachers for making sure that our kids learn something. It is not easy, both on your part and ours, not easy for the kids too but we made it! This is the best we can do given our circumstances and I think it was good.

I also want to thank fellow Malaysians. Thank you for staying calm. I know there are a number of bad apples out there but so far we've done quite well. Wearing masks when we are out, washing our hands and maintain social distancing. Thank you for complying to the rules and regulations set by our government.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you too for keeping me sane by reading this blog. Thank you for the messages and PM. Thank you for reaching out. I hope you know that this blog has helped me a lot. I hope you had fun reading too although there isn't much I can share daily.

So stay safe everyone. The war against Covid-19 is not over until we find a permanent solution and vaccine. Remember to look after your hygiene. Wash your hands, wear masks. You know the drill!
Doa lots for God to protect us all.

#kitajagakita

3 comments:

  1. " don't know why but I feel really emotional that it has come to an end. One part of me is very happy that it is over."

    i can relate :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u too? I guess this lockdown has done us all some good in some ways. Sad that it is over but happy that we can move on and get back to life.

      Delete
    2. yep. Really miss the old life :)

      Delete

Say what?!