Sunday, June 21, 2020

Double Celebration

I love this piece from Fleuri Flowers Hartamas

My daughter loves any type of celebration. Her favourite is of course Birthdays. Every birthday in the family is a big deal to her. This weekend, we had a double celebration. My husband's birthday on Saturday and Father's Day on Sunday. We decided to celebrate it on Saturday.

My husband celebrated his 45th birthday on the 20th. We had a good day celebrating it. Although he isn't one who is particularly excited about birthdays, for the sake of our daughter he would usually obliged to singing birthday songs all day, blowing candles and all the works.


We ordered balloons from Alastegiel and it was really beautiful. Exceeded our expectations as we didn't expect it to be too big. It was perfect.


We had a nice meal at Dancing Fish. I particularly enjoyed my cumi bakar (grilled squid) and my son loved the Dancing Fish. At the end of our meal, the ever sporting waiter performed a nice rendition of the Birthday song which blew my daughter away. "Wow, he must have good vocal classes" she said. It was really over the top but it was really good.

My kids haven't seen their cousins since the New Year. They've missed them so much. On Saturday, we invited them out for dinner at Citta Mall Unique Seafood. There were 10 of us and due to the SOP, we had to split to 2 tables, which works out fine because the kids enjoyed their table and the adults can chit chat in peace. Unfortunately, the service and food was quite a disappointment. They were clearly understaffed that night and couldn't cope.


After dinner, we had a cake cutting session, which the kids absolutely loved.  What was supposed to be just 1 birthday song turned out to be 3 sessions. 1 for my husband, 1 for my niece who turned 13 in May during the lockdown and 1 for my mother in law who turned 80 in March. We couldn't celebrate all those due to the lockdown and my daughter suggested for us to sing the birthday songs 3 times. Gosh! It was havoc.

For a second there, we forgot about Covid-19. It felt like how it was during pre Covid days. It felt good. But only for a second. Then we came back to reality and remind ourselves that we shouldn't forget that this war isn't over yet and us going out twice that day was a big deal. Sigh.

My wish is for this to be over and life can go back to normal but I know it won't be for a long time.

Anywho....


We painted this together as a gift for my husband's birthday. We got him other gifts too which I think he preferred than this! ha ha ha! But this one is one to frame.


We love you Papa. Thank you for being our rock and for always putting us first. We are so blessed to have you in our lives.

Happy Father's Day to all fathers out there!

2 comments:

  1. Happy fathers' day to your husband, and the foods seems really good, drooling here :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, we enjoyed the food very much and really good

      Delete

Say what?!