Thursday, June 25, 2020

Nasi Kandar cravings

During the lockdown, my mum sent some Nasi Kandar over to my house via lalamove. She ordered the Nasi Kandar from this stall in PJ. I'm not really a fan of Nasi Kandar but growing up, if we ever had Nasi Kandar, it would be from this stall. So I have fond memories of it but it is not something I enjoy eating a lot or would normally crave for.

When my mum ordered it, I was quite excited because first of all, I don't have to cook that day and secondly, I haven't had Zainul Nasi Kandar in years!! Maybe more than 10 years! I suddenly remembered how it was when we were growing up and when my mum would bring back ketam and sotong. Yums!

I was hugely disappointed when the food arrived. They got the order wrong and nothing I ordered came. The only thing I had was white rice, the Nasi Kandar gravy and a pathetic piece of fried fish. This don't remind me of my childhood at all! It tasted good tho just not satisfying enough as it was not the usual thing I have. Since then, I've been craving Nasi Kandar. A LOT!


Zainul is across the other side of town for me. I was too lazy to drive all the way there so I opted for the famous Nasi Kandar Kudu in town. Normally the queue is quite long but today, I was glad that I didn't have to queue that long. Their SOP due to Covid-19 is not bad.


It was really fast and I opted for rice, some vege and sotong. I would have chosen more but I didn't want to be greedy!


I got home and opened the pack and couldn't believe how big the portion was. There is no way I could finish this I thought! But I did! I ate it all!

Well, my cravings were certainly satisfied but I think I prefer Zainul to this. I may have to drive to PJ to get Zainul one of these days. Gosh! I ate so much!


I am getting there!!! I need to go back to butterfly days.......

2 comments:

Say what?!