Monday, June 22, 2020

New Normal Shopping Experience

I'm not a shopaholic. I don't enjoy shopping all that much. I don't enjoy window shopping too. I've always been the kind who would only go to malls when I have something specific to buy, go straight to the store, buy it and then leave. I just don't like walking around in malls. I prefer online shopping.

Due to covid-19 pandemic, we now have to adapt to the new style shopping experience. I was in KLCC last week to look for birthday gifts for my husband and I find shopping really stressful in this new condition.


From the carpark, first thing I saw was a long queue to enter KLCC. They will take your temperature first (luckily not manually like other malls!) and then you need to check-in by scanning the QR Code.


Doesn't sound too bad, does it? Well, you have to repeat this at every single store you walk in. I spent a few hours in KLCC that day and after 2-3 stores, I was quite annoyed already.

You are also not allowed to try on clothes too as all fitting rooms are closed. You would need to purchase them, try it at home and if it is not suitable, go back to the store to return or exchange it another day.

I hated shopping before this, and now I hate it even more. My bet is to just buy everything online. Downside is that not all online stores are reliable and of course, some take a long time to get them delivered. Some online stores are not user friendly and their returns policy isn't great. That's why I love shopping on Zalora.

How are you liking the new shopping experience?

2 comments:

  1. Sep, I was the one who not into shopping too, now with the new queue and scan temperature, sharing pen and write on the log book, make it worse for me. Paling menyampah, when the store only give us like 15 minutes to settle, feels like rushing for no reason hahaha.. yeah shopee is my bff now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a hassle to shop outside now. Online shopping is my bff too! Somehow I end up spending more online than when I am out!

      Delete

Say what?!