Saturday, April 25, 2020

A different kind of Ramadhan

When I think of the year 2020, I always remember thinking about "Vision 2020" or "Wawasan 2020" as it was heavily introduced by our ex PM (Tun Mahathir). I imagined it to be very different from the world we are in today. I am one of those who was expecting Robots to take over the world and flying cars in year 2020 but instead, today, we are preached about washing our hands. No robots no flying cars in sight.

That just shows that we can plan all we want, but Allah is the best planner. This year 2020 is NOTHING like anything anyone had ever imagined it to be.

I was in Makkah in February 2020 and even then, despite the Covid-19 already happening in Wuhan, I could not have imagined that Malaysia (and the world) would end up being in lockdown few weeks later. I was secretly hoping we'd be able to go back to Makkah for Ramadhan. I thought if we had extra rezeki (money), maybe we can still come and celebrate Ramadan in Makkah but no, right now, even with all the money in the world, you cannot be in Makkah for Ramadhan. Instead, the cleaners, people with absolutely nothing, is granted the privilege to have Makkah all to themselves this Ramadhan. How absolutely amazing is that? MasyaAllah. 

This year, our Malaysian Government has decided to extend the Restriction Movement Order (RMO) until 12 May 2020. It will be a different kind of Ramadhan for all of us. No bazaar Ramadhan, no terawikh at the mosque, no buka puasa buffet at the 5 star hotel. Instead, we will all be home, having quality time with our closest family. Sometimes, if you look at it in a different light, that is more beautiful and meaningful. Allah knows best.


I would like to wish all my muslim brothers and sisters a blessed Ramadhan. May Allah accept our puasa and deeds this year and protect us all during this trying time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?!